- This event has passed.
Trauma and Resiliency in Children
May 30 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Please call 801-229-1181 to RSVP for the Trauma Resilience Training
As adults that deal with children we need to be TRAUMA RESILIENT by:
- Understanding the role that stress or trauma plays on emotional, social and cognitive development.
- Using self-regulation concepts for controlling emotions and apply them to the children.
- Understanding how stress and trauma can affect daily interactions and accomplishing tasks.
- Taking stress and trauma into account when disciplining children and youth.
To help adults become better equipped to with these issues, our training includes:
- Understanding the way ACEs affect behavior and learning
- Exploring the science behind toxic stress
- Practical strategies for working with children struggling with adversity
- Providing local and online resources to further assist you