There are ALWAYS volunteer opportunities at Family Support & Treatment Center. We have groups project and individual projects. These opportunities can be either one time projects on-going. Each volunteer experience will make a difference in a child’s life.
Here are some examples of how you can help:
- Play with children (infant to 11 years) in our Crisis Nursery.
- Help with yard work and other maintenance in the Crisis Nursery.
- Use our list below and conduct a ‘giving drive’ for items.
- Help us with events such as our Family Fun Day or other holiday events.
- Organize a fundraiser with your friends, co-workers or classmates.
- Share specific skills, talents and experience (office skills, IT, event planning, arts, graphic design, handyman, construction, electrical, plumbing, or landscaping…)
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information: email@example.com
On-Going & Service Learning Volunteers
Most of our on-going & service learning volunteer opportunities are in our Crisis Respite Nursery working with young children ages 0-11. If you are looking to volunteer with us to fulfill a Service Learning credit for school please plan ahead and call us early in the term.
As a Nursery Volunteer you are committing to help a minimum of 20 hrs (approx. 8-10 shifts, 2 hours each). This minimum requirement can be done within 3-4 months, but we would greatly appreciate volunteers who are able to volunteer longer periods of time (6 months to 1 year or longer).
To become a Nursery Volunteer you must be over 16 years old, attend a 90 minute New Volunteer Orientation and complete a Background Check.
To complete this Background Check you will need a copy of your driver’s license or Utah State I.D. card and you must be fingerprinted. This process is completed at orientation and requires a fee of $37 which can be reimbursed after 20 hours of volunteer service.
We have limited opportunities for Court-ordered community service. Primarily limited to opportunities with maintenance and yard work.
Due to the vulnerable population we serve, the Family Support & Treatment Center reserves the right to deny any application for volunteering for any reason.