There are ALWAYS volunteer opportunities at Family Support & Treatment Center. We have groups project and individual projects. These opportunities can be either one time projects on-going. Each volunteer experience will make a difference in a child’s life.
Here are some examples of how you can help:
- Play with children (infant to 11 years) in our Crisis Nursery.
- Help with yard work and other maintenance in the Crisis Nursery.
- Use our list below and conduct a ‘giving drive’ for items.
- Help us with events such as our Family Fun Day or other holiday events.
- Organize a fundraiser with your friends, co-workers or classmates.
- Share specific skills, talents and experience (office skills, IT, event planning, arts, graphic design, handyman, construction, electrical, plumbing, or landscaping…)
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Going & Service Learning Volunteers
Opportunities are in our Crisis Respite Nursery playing with children ages 0-11. If you are volunteering for a school assignment please plan ahead and call us early in the term.
To become a Nursery Volunteer you must be at least 16 years old and attend a 90 minute orientation. If 18 years or older you must complete a Background Check. This includes having a form of I.D., knowing your social security number, and being fingerprinted. This process is completed at orientation and requires a fee of $38.25 which can be reimbursed after 20 hours of volunteer service.
After orientation, you will choose a day and time to volunteer for a consistent weekly shift (usually 1-2 hours). That way we can expect you the same time every week. You must commit to help a minimum of 20 hrs. Depending on your availability, this minimum requirement can be done within 3-4 months, but we would greatly appreciate volunteers who are able to help longer periods of time.
We have limited opportunities for Court-ordered community service. Primarily limited to opportunities with maintenance and yard work.
Due to the vulnerable population we serve, the Family Support & Treatment Center reserves the right to deny any application for volunteering for any reason.